Pregnancy is a time to slow down, to nourish and connect.
Pregnancy Wellness: Tuesday Evenings 6.30-7.30pm, Wednesday Mornings 9.30-10.30am and Wednesday Evenings 6.30-7.30pm at The Salvation Army Hall, Church Road, Teddington, TW11 8PF
Our classes are specially developed for the pregnant body and provide a gentle way to stretch, tone and relax. You will learn to ease fatigue with refreshing breathing exercises and deep relaxation. Feel energised, stronger and more comfortable in your ever-changing body. The perfect way to connect with yourself and your baby. Can be a wonderful way to meet other expectant mothers in the area.
- Classes begin with a series of breathing exercises to help restore balance and begin the relaxation process.
- We continue with a series of gentle stretches and exercises to provide comfort by releasing tension and tightness, and help to keep you strong and supple. Relief is provided for the most common pregnancy ailments; including lower and upper back pain, hip tightness, leg cramps, heartburn, pelvic girdle pain, and many more.
- There is a strong focus on pelvic floor health to enhance your recovery after birth.
- Each class ends with an indulgent 15 minute relaxation session. You will feel rested, calm and nurtured.
Part of each course includes a class to help prepare you for labour, equipping you with the tools you need to stay calm, focused and relaxed during birth. You will learn breathing techniques to carry you through a tough contraction and optimal positions for labour and birth.
- No previous yoga experience is necessary for these classes.
- You are welcome to begin these classes from 16 weeks of your pregnancy. Please seek consent from your doctor or midwife before committing to a course.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and eat a light snack before the class.
- Mats, bolsters, cushions and blankets are all provided for your comfort but you are welcome to bring your own mat if you prefer.