Postnatal Wellness: Wednesday Mornings 10.40- 11.40am, The Salvation Army, 27 Church Road, Teddington TW11 8PF. Babies welcome until crawling.
The time after childbirth is different for everyone. Some breeze through with a baby that sleeps and feeds from the word go. For others it’s not quite so easy. No matter what your experience is after birth, everyone appreciates feeling a bit better about themselves both physically and mentally. Our postnatal classes aim to help you feel more energised, stronger and relaxed. These classes are a lovely way to bond with your baby and also meet other new mums in the local area.
Our postnatal classes combine a gentle series of stretches and exercises specifically developed for the body of a new mother. There is a section of the class dedicated to pelvic floor health, as this is an area that suffers during both vaginal and Caesarean section births. At the end of each class, you will be wrapped up (with your baby if you decide to bring them) with a blanket and allowed to rest for a full 15 minutes as you are taken through a guided relaxation session.
- You are welcome to start these classes from 6 weeks after your birth. Please get consent from your doctor of midwife.
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a blanket for your baby.
- Mats, bolsters, cushions and blankets are all provided for your comfort but you are welcome to bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Plenty of space for pushchairs in the class, with direct lift access.
- Specific area for feeding/ changing in the class.